Antitrust and Competition Law
We provide legal consultation and develop the most appropriate solution for any question or task in the field of antitrust law.
Our core experience:
- Representation in merger control proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission
- Legal Assessment of intended Mergers, aquisitions and coordinated market behaviour regarding their compliance with antitrust law
- Drafting of co-operations with competitors according in compliance with antitrust law (joint ventures)
- Legal consultation on hardcore cartels (including leniency programmes)
- Drafting of horizontal and vertical Distribution structures (including online trade)
- Legal consultation on European block exemption regulations and guidelines (horizontal and vertical agreements, transfer of technology , research and development Agreements, etc.)
- Installation of selective distribution systems
- Enforcement of access to others' distribution structures Vertriebsstrukturen
- Representation of interests in any kind of distribution structure (supply stop of exclusive suppliers, etc.)
- Measures to bind customers to the company
- Legal consultation and representation in administrative fine proceedings for alleged violations of antitrust law
- Exercise and enforcement of damage claims for violations of antitrust law
It is a matter of course for us to always offer solutions which are most suitable for the specific economic interests of our clients.
Our focus in competition law:
- Review of advertising projects and business models for their compatibility with competition law; preparation of Freedom to Operate Opinions (FTO's)
- Examination of the compliance of advertising measures with unfair competition law
- Action against competitors for unfair competition (warning, injunction, action in the main proceedings)
- Defence against attacks by competitors by responding to warnings under competition law, depositing protective letters and procedural defence before the regional and appeal courts
- Anonymous enforcement of claims for injunctive relief under competition law through the involvement of competition and professional associations as well as industry and trade chambers
- Advice on the implementation of court injunctive relief and compliance with cease-and-desist letters and undertakings with penalty clauses.